Information about home safety and preventing falls can be found at:

Financial Assistance for home mobility modifications may be available through the following organizations:

The Pennsylvania Accessible Housing Program (PAHP) is a combined effort between the Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED), the Department of public Welfare (DPW) and the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA). PAHP, formerly known as the Pennsylvania Access Grant Program, provides financial and technical resources to support the ability of low-and moderate-income persons of all ages with permanent, physical disabilities to live independently in accessible housing.

Modifications to the home will prevent institutionalization and enable persons of all ages with permanent, physical disabilities to live in a community setting. Funding for modifications will also be available to people currently residing in nursing facilities and other institutions desiring to relocate from the institution into an accessible independent setting.  For a list of Pennsylvania Accessible Housing Program contacts in your area, please go to:

Veterans in need of home modifications may find assistance at

Articles from NAIPC (National Aging in Place Council):

Other articles:


Ask our consultants for more information on alternative ways of financing your purchase.